Giving made simple

How do I make regular donations?

The best means of regular giving to set up a Standing Orderfrom your bank that instructs your bank to make monthly/quarterly/annual payments. Standing Orders are the most efficient way of giving to the church, both for the giver and the church and so we encourage everyone with a bank account to give in this way, even for small amounts. Please complete the Standing Order Form in the Giving Pack and return it to the Treasurer and we will then send it on to your bank.
If your circumstances change, you can cancel, increase or decrease your Standing Order at any time. To cancel a Standing Order you simply need to contact your bank. To change the amount of an existing Standing Order, please complete a new Standing Order Form and indicate in the space provided that it supersedes your previous instructions and then return it to the Treasurer.
Another way of regular giving is by being a member of our Envelope Scheme. You will be allocated a set of small coloured envelopes which you place in the collection plate either weekly or monthly. To join this scheme, please complete the Envelope Scheme request form in the Giving Pack.

Tax Efficient Giving through Gift Aid

If you pay tax in the UK, your regular giving (either by standing order or envelopes) can be increased by 25% at no extra cost to you by completing the one-off Gift Aid Declaration form available in the Giving Pack.

What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a Government scheme that allow charities, such as the church, to reclaim the basic rate of tax on any donations made by UK tax-payers. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief on all your gift-aided giving when submitting your annual tax return. However, we cannot do this on your behalf or give personal tax advice.

How can we reclaim 25p when the basic rate of income tax is only 20%?
The basic rate of income tax is now 20%, but charities can still reclaim 25 pence in every pound because of current Government regulations.

Conditions of Gift Aid
There is no minimum amount or term for Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid tax relief you must pay UK income and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax reclaimed on your donations. More information on Gift Aid can be found on the separate leaflet available from the Information Stand. However, the Treasurer will be pleased to answer any questions you might have about Gift Aid or any other aspect of giving.

How do I cancel a Gift Aid Declaration?
A single Gift Aid Declaration can now run indefinitely. If you stop paying tax or need to cancel your declaration, please let the Treasurer know (an e-mail via the Church Office is fine).

How do I make a single Gift Aid donation?
Please place your donation in one of the envelopes provided in church and complete the Gift Aid Declaration on the envelope. The envelope may be put in the collection plate or given directly to the Treasurer. All cheques should be made payable to 'High Ongar PCC’.

Can I leave anything in my will?

Yes. Please contact the Treasurer who will be pleased to give you details regarding legacies.

If you have any questions then please contact us by clicking the contact us link at the top of the page.